- If we can cling to the ideals of Islam and exercise the code of conduct according to the given guidelines, we will never be misguided.
Islam is the complete religion as declared by our beloved Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) in the speech of his Farewell Hajj. Islam teaches us morality and the way of healthy livings in our lifetime. Morality normally refers to a code of conduct that an individual or a group should hold as guidelines, in distinguishing right from wrong. If we can cling to the ideals of Islam and exercise the code of conduct according to the given guidelines, we will never be misguided.
The Islamic moral system stands on the belief in Oneness of Allah as the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe. The most important aspect of a Muslim is to have high moral values and standards. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was mainly concerned with teaching and disciplining Muslims to attain the best manners and personal characteristics.
Islam is derived from the revelation from Allah. So, it cannot be changed or manipulated to fit our needs. Its moral values are the reflection of Qur’aan and Hadids. The Holy Qur’aan repeatedly mentioned several good acts of morality , for example:
- Speaking the truth, showing honesty and judging the right and wrong
- Holding Patience by Salat and Saum
- Patriotism and Sacrifice
- Proper distribution of wealth by means of Zakat
- Showing respect to the other religions
- Dealing with parents in the best manner
- Being nice to the relatives and neighbors
- Being kind to orphans, widows and the poor
- Keeping one’s promises
- Treating all people equally and all animals fairly, etc.
Only Allah the Great, with His great wisdom, has made this true religion (Islam) which teaches us how to deal with every aspect of our lives. He made it so comprehensive, complete and integrated. If we can cling to the moral values of Islam, we will be successful in every sphere of our lives.